Friday, April 2, 2010

Flower Friday: Not Your Average Boutonniere

I decided to start a segment on the blog for fantastic flowers and I thought - why not be cutesy and post it on Fridays...and so my friends, today is the first official post of Flower Friday.

And I thought I would not start out with the obvious, but focus on some amazingly different boutonnieres. Here is what I found in my travels:

Herbs, Veggies & Succulents:
This bride and groom used kale, artichokes, succulents and hydrangeas (and to me it looks like some kind of cabbage but it was not listed). The groom had asparagus in his boutonniere.

More succulents with hypericum berries and white roses

Rosemary and mint boutonnieres

Sage and juniper
More rosemary with peppers

Grasses and Feathers:
Wheat grass and hypericum

Thistle and leather

Blue flowers with feathers

Fabric Leaves and Ribbons:
These are from Pixel & Hank on Etsy and they have lots o' colors and are just so darn cool. They also have some snazzy headpieces.


Made from ribbons


Fabric leaves with rosemary, grasses, lilac and monkey's tail

I love lamb's ear it's not a fabric but it feels like fabric - here is one underneath a white orchid.

Trees:
The fun acorns which you saw in an Adore post earlier this week.

And some pine cone boutonnieres



Photo sources: barrmansion.blogspot.com, agardenersforum.com, mdfevent.blogspot.com, countryliving.com, Martha Stewart Weddings, www.weddingbee.com - Mrs. Cherry Pie, jenadevents.blogspot.com, Martha Stewart Weddings, Pixel and Hank shop (Etsy), Martha Stewart Weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails