Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wedding Industry Love - Gay Weddings Part 2!

Happy Wednesday, Adore-readers!

As many of you know, my brother is gay and I wrote a post last month about my personal plight to stand for gay marriage and to plan weddings for couples in the LGBT community. Today, I am excited to announce that I am enrolled in the first and only Gay Wedding Certification course, taught by Bernadette Coveney Smith of 14 Stories, owner of the first gay wedding planning company in America. I am taking the course in March and (barring any unforeseen circumstances), I will be certified by April! I am taking this step so that we can officially move forward in our support of marriage equality for everyone! Yes, this is absolutely personal to me, but it’s also about business. I am currently a certified wedding planner and feel that this will be a huge asset to my existing skill set.

Trisha and I are both attending Engage!11 in May and we are looking forward to learning even more about where the wedding industry overall is heading. I am proud to be a part of a company that supports gay marriage and I can’t wait to get certified and get started!


This is my little guy Joe, last May - he supports his gay uncle and so do we!

xoxo

Christy

2 comments:

  1. Hi all,

    Gay weddings are good for business and good for society. Same-sex couples are a lucrative, emerging market that can help grow your wedding business. Gay weddings are legally recognized in different ways, and this can affect the type of ceremony performed. Thanks...

    Washington DC Same-Sex Marriage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the baby shirt..so cute! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails